The NSW Government is seeking feedback about proposed changes to rental laws that aim to give more stability for renters and improve the overall renting experience.
Have your say on changes that would:
• require reasons for why landlords can end a lease (ending ‘no grounds’ terminations)
• make it easier for renters to keep pets
• protect renters’ personal information and privacy
• make it easier to transfer a rental bond from one property to another
• make the system fairer in other ways.
To complete the online survey, upload a submission, read the consultation paper and find out more, visit haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw-rental-laws.
Have your say by 5pm (AEST) Friday 11 August 2023.
All feedback received through the consultation process will help inform changes that reflect the needs of NSW residents.
Source – NSW Office of Fair Trading